When our kid was four, Ed and I moved to a new apartment that had just been renovated, according to the advert & realtor.
It looked well done, so Ed and I did not expect any troubles until Lola started having endless dust irritations.
Ed and I decided to stay with my parents, & Lola returned to his usual self. My brother suggested Ed and I might have mold, however I told him that was impossible because the apartment was just renovated. It shocked us when the mold specialist came to check & found that the air ducts in our heating were full of mold. It was so extensive that we had to replace it with a new heating system. They did try to clean it, however a heating contractor came for oil furnace maintenance which Ed and I thought would help; he also confirmed that the best solution would be to change out the whole apartment heating setup. Ed and I moved to my mom’s place for a month & even took the chance to have a heat pump installation done. Ed and I had hoped to replace a heat pump more than 2 years after moving to the new house, however Ed and I were meant to do it as soon as we had settled. The apartment also had a manual thermostat, & I wanted a smart thermostat as Ed and I had used it in the rental we had lived in before buying the renovated home. The Heating & A/C pro had assured us that everything Ed and I hoped would help with indoor comfort was achievable however would be high-priced. Ed and I purchased the best unit my pal and I could afford from a quality heating industry brand under the wisdom of the local heating supplier’s heating dealer. Installation was done in three afternoons by a team sent from the heating and cooling business, an experience that taught us a lot more about heating & how to avoid mold growing in the vents.