I told you that I would write a new blog once the people I was with and I got settled into the new house.
It has been a lot more problematic than I expected, and I was expecting a lot of problems! When you buy a house at auction, there are no guarantees, you get the house as-is.
The roof is in certainly fine shape, thankfully, however a lot of the windows need to be replaced. All of the appliances have been detachd, certainly by squatters, however thankfully they didn’t steal the copper pipes out of the walls. The central Heating and Air Conditioning plan is a mess, and hopelessly out of date, however the people I was with and I expected to need to replace it before the people I was with and I ever saw it. The one problem that I never saw coming with the issue with the ductwork, or more certainally, what is residing inside the ductwork! They were not big gross rats, thankfully, however having mice nested in the ductworks was only slightly less disgusting. My main problem was not wanting to gas or poison them all, mostly because I didn’t want to put toxins into the Heating and Air Conditioning system. If the people I was with and I killed them all with poison, then a) the ductwork would be coated with that same poison and b) there would be a hundred dead mice cluttering up the Heating and Air Conditioning system. I had to call in an Heating and Air Conditioning tech and a pest control expert, and set up a meeting with both of them at once. Both of us needed to coordinate a program of attack, because the house would not be livable until the ductwork was clear and clean.